Privacy and Confidentiality Notice
We at St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy are committed
to maintaining the privacy and
security of our customers' personal
information. All references to "Guardian" "we," "us” and "our " in
this Privacy and Confidentiality
Notice refer to St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy.
Through this Privacy and
Confidentiality Notice, St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy
wants to assure you of our
commitment to privacy and security.
Our privacy philosophy is based on
the 10 fair information principles
found in the Personal Information
Protection and Electronic Documents
Act (PIPEDA). We take our
responsibility as regards to
personal information very seriously
and as such, a privacy officer who
is accountable for the
organization's compliance with the
10 fair information principles has
If we collect information from
or about you, we will tell you what
information is being collected, how,
by whom, and for what purposes.
- We will give you options about how the personal information you provide to us may be used. Before we use your personal information for any purpose, we will seek your consent as to whether or not you allow us to engage in that use. To exercise this choice, we will allow you to notify us of your preferences during the information collection process. If there are third parties that process St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy data, we will require them to hold all personally-identifiable information confidential, and to use our customer information only for the purpose of fulfilling their business obligation. St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy does not sell personally identifiable information to third party marketers. No Collection of Personal Information for Browsing Purposes St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy does not collect personal information about you unless you either send an email message to St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy or apply online for a position with us. We do capture the paths taken as you move from page to page (i.e., your "click stream" activity). Information we collect on our websites may be used to enhance your use of these websites in ways such as:
- Organize the website in the most user-friendly way
- Customize your browsing experience of this website
- Communicate special offers, information and featured items to you, if you choose to receive such notices
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
Use of Personal Information by Employees of St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy and other Affiliated and Related Entities Certain employees will be provided with information about a website visitor in order to serve that visitor's needs and provide the visitor with information regarding specific products. St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy's employees as well as those of its affiliated and related entities are instructed to use strict standards of care in handling the personal and confidential information of St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy's clients. Employees who do not conform to St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy's confidentiality rules are subject to disciplinary sanctions which may include dismissal.
YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE BY St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSMITTED THROUGH THIS SITE TO GUARDIAN-DARTMOUTH GATE'S EMPLOYEES AS WELL AS THOSE OF ITS AFFILIATED AND RELATED ENTITIES LOCATED IN EITHER CANADA OR THE UNITED STATES. IN ADDITION, FOR MAINTENANCE PURPOSES, PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY DRUG TRADING MAY BE PLACED AND/OR STORED ON A GSt Mary's Guardian Pharmacy SERVER LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES MAY BE ACCESSIBLE BY THE AMERICAN COURTS, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND NATIONAL SECURITY AUTHORITIES.
Linking to Other SitesPlease remember that when you use a link to go from www.stmarysguardian.com to another website, this Privacy and Confidentiality Notice is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including any site that has a link on www.stmarysguardian.com is subject to the rules and policies of that site. We encourage you to read the rules and policies of the sites you visit to further understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.
Risk Related to InternetWe will protect personally identifiable information stored on the site's servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (e.g., firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Although we use recognized industry safeguards to protect customer personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse and unauthorized alteration and every effort is taken to ensure that no one else will see or obtain your personal data, complete confidentiality and security is not yet guaranteed over the Internet. Internet use and communication is subject to interception, loss and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy shall not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that any and all communications will be at your own risk.
Customer Service and RecourseIf you have any questions about this Privacy and Confidentiality Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspects of your privacy and the security of information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We retain the flexibility to update this Privacy and Confidentiality Notice and suggest that you review it periodically. St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy will NOT apply changes to this Privacy and Confidentiality Notice retroactively to information St Mary's Guardian Pharmacy has previously collected.